52 hikes in a year



Are you up for a challenge?
Do you love walking?
Do you want to explore the nature destinations around you?
How about having 52 different hiking adventures this year? 


I started 2020 looking at interesting travel challenges to try this year and I stumbled upon the hiking challenge on Finnish social media called "Retkihaaste". I love walking, especially walking in nature. It gives me a great chance to balance my mind, wonder at the details of nature or to talk to a friend for hours. For years I have dreamed of taking a multiple day trek in a national park but have never realized that trip because of excuses like time and money and having other priorities. But a hike, which could be anything from a walk in your neighbourhood forest, to a day of roaming the wilderness sounds much easier to achieve than a long trek. 

I was very excited to try this challenge and make hiking my new hobby, but I wanted to share the joys of this challenge here in my blog as well and the challenge was only in Finnish. I reached out to the creators of the challenge Elina Kynsijärvi and Henni Mustakorpi and asked if they had an English version. They didn't, but they were happy for me to make a translated version. So together with the help of my sister and another friend as well as Henni and Elina we worked on this translation and here is the 52 hikes challenge in English for you to try out as well. You can find the challenge on https://www.facebook.com/retkihaaste/ to download and print for yourself. I hope you'll have fun with it and get some inspiration to connect with nature. I certainly hope the same for myself.  


What hiking prompt excites you the most? Personally, I'm especially looking forward to a hike at full moon (no. 10) and by torch light (no. 17). But first it is time for the first hike of the year this Sunday. 

Happy hiking! 




Having the time to notice the details of nature
 is the best form of mindfulness for me
The light changes so much in the forests
depending on time and season



What sort of adventures will new paths take me on this year?

I'm ready for the hiking challenge. Are you?





Kommentit

Suositut tekstit